(4/23-5/8/22) Minamisoma Museum Tours with a Curator
The Minamisoma Museum has an exhibit on Soma Nomaoi, one of Japan’s nationally designated important intangible folk cultural properties, as well as displays about the nature, history, and local customs of Minamisoma and the surrounding area. The museum’s curators do not usually provide commentary about the displays, but for a limited time they will be available to explain the various exhibits to guests in a tour of the museum. Whether you are new to the museum or a regular visitor, this is a great opportunity to learn and discover something new.
Curator tours will be available on Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays between Saturday, April 23, and Sunday, May 8.
- Saturday, April 23
- Sunday, April 24
- Friday, April 29 (holiday)
- Saturday, April 30
- Sunday, May 1
- Tuesday, May 3 (holiday)
- Wednesday, May 4 (holiday)
- Thursday, May 5 (holiday)
- Saturday, May 7
- Sunday, May 8
Number of Tours Per Day and Start Times
There will be a morning tour and an afternoon tour, both lasting roughly 60 minutes.
Morning tour: 11am~
Afternoon tour: 2pm~
(The museum is open from 9am to 4:45pm, with last entries allowed at 4pm)
As a COVID-19 infection countermeasure, each tour has a limit of 15 participants.
Tour Cost (Entrance Cost)
General: 300 yen
High school student: 200 yen
ES/JHS student: 100 yen
- General admission cost becomes 400 yen when a special exhibit is on display.
- Students that live in or go to school in Minamisoma can enter for free. Persons with disabilities can enter for free (please present your disabilities certificate.)
Entrance/tour participation is free on Thursday, May 5, for Children’s Day.
Applying to Take the Tour
Please send the application form via email, fax, or mail with the necessary information filled out by the day before your planned visit to the museum. We are also accepting applications over the phone.
Please be sure to check all of the following conditions before applying.
- If you have symptoms such as difficulty breathing, fatigue, or a fever (37.5℃ or higher) on the day of your tour, please refrain from participating.
Furthermore, we ask for your cooperation in wearing a mask, disinfecting your hands, and having your temperature taken.
- The number of participants in each tour is limited, so we cannot transfer people to different tours. If you need to make changes to your application such as the date, time, or number of participants, please cancel the corresponding application and reapply.
- Please meet at the ticket window in the museum’s entrance hall at least 10 minutes before the start time of the tour.
- If you become unavoidably unable to participate in the tour, please contact the Minamisoma Museum before the tour’s start time. (Tel: 0244-23-6421)
Where to Send Your Application
Mail: 〒975-0051 福島県南相馬市原町区牛来字出口194番地
総務部 秘書課 広報広聴係